Some Young Entrepreneurs Win Start-Up Capital!


At the onset of the training we had promised that the best three trainees would be awarded start-up funds to help them kick start some small scale business. The cash presentation held three days later in our office at Ijegun.
Sophie Okojie came 1st, Esther Ololude 2nd and Blessing  Chukwu 3rd. While these got cash prices, others were also encouraged to make products and advertise for sale.
I couldn’t make it to the event but our community volunteer, my friend and secondary schoolmate Feyikemi Job-Akinremi made the presentation on my behalf.
Interestingly, the girls have started getting orders. In the words of Blessing Chukwu, “Now I don’t have to bother my parents for every little thing. Now, I have a skill with which to earn money when I get to the university. I am empowered now and I am so grateful.”
Its such a joy to know that both the awardee and every other girl that participated in the training have already started to earn money from the sales of their products- Ankara wristbands, Caps, Fascinators, Earrings, Necklace and many more. I am super-excited! This is so inspiring; so encouraging too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Need to Empower Marginalized Girls as Assets for Nation-Building!

May: Power of a Call

Global Girl Project: The Making of Change makers